Saturday, March 9, 2013

It's snow fun!


Thanks for all the comments on my last post! Quilting, tutorials, sewing, homeschool, gardening, I will share my adventures into all!  

Well, my snow lady is melting.  We live in Kansas, right on the state line with Missouri. Snow is not a regular occurrence, unfortunately. You see, I LOVE snow! LOTS of SNOW. Oodles of .....well, you get the idea.  I grew up with snow and snowmobiles. Vacations were snowmobiling. My husband and I lived in upstate New York and Maine where we had plenty of snow. Then we moved to Kansas. It's sad.  Last week we were blessed with an amazing snow storm, we did, of course, take advantage of the gift and built a snow lady! My 3 year old grandson comes over on Sunday after church and stays till Tuesday morning so we can do "preschool".  Actually it's purely selfish on my part, I simply need my grandbaby fix!  Don't tell his mama. ;)  To the point... we built this.....

Notice the cute knit frilly scarf hair! I love to knit. 
I love all things PINK!

My sweet daughter, age 15, decided that our snow lady was really and snow man and quickly the transformation was complete. Note the coffee.... all snow people simply adore coffee.













 After a night out for American Heritage Girls, we pulled up the drive and this is what I found, my snow man had been bullied!
 Apparently the temptation was too great for my son. Chuck Norris sometimes seems to take over his body and WHAM, "one swift roundhouse kick later",  the snow man was down!

Darling Chuck did go out the next morning and put our friend back upright, but alas Mr. Sun had other plans.   This morning, here is all that is left of our dearly melted snow friend.


If you have extra snow, please send some my way!  Now, I must get busy..... sewing to do, papers to grade, and a new product to review!  Have a wonderful Saturday.

8 comments:

  1. Ok! I will send you some snow on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow came early, so do you want some now? We have plenty and want to get rid of it!
      Esther from a cold Netherlands.

      Delete
    2. Send it my way please!!!!! :)

      Delete
  2. It's still coming up as a NO REPLY. Another blogger in the UK has a problem with Google doing this to her every once in a while, it just happens. You have to love technology, especially when it doesn't cooperate ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm....I think I just fixed it.... I went to my profile and changed it to show email. HOpefully that works. I'm much better with fabric than with technology. Perhaps I should get one of my teens to figure it out. ;)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so typical of a boy! My boys are now men but I remember those days. Looks like a fun time in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh boy's do grow up to be men. I hope mine stays a boy for just a bit longer! :)

      Delete