Monday, March 18, 2013

Charity quilting mindblock...can YOU help?

So, it's been awhile since my last post. We were battling the influenza b, strep throat, and a sinus infection, all at the same time and all in the same kiddo! The rest of us just had the flu. UGH!  Well, I have a quilt to make for a silent charity auction THIS Saturday night, nothing like procrastination.  Here are my fabrics
Fat quarters are fun!  My plan is to use this tutorial from two little banshees. It looks like fun and you only need 6 fat quarters




.On the design wall. My hubby took one look and decided it wasn't big enough, "after all a charity quilt should be bigger", were his words.  Hmm.... so off to add another few pieces with that second bundle.




  The enlarged version is much better. At least that's the popular vote around here. Now on to the back of the quilt using leftovers and some basic brown cotton. It was a fun back to sew. Very quick and easy.

So what I need from YOU, is suggestions on quilting. I will make the sandwich tonight and quilt tomorrow. Straight line in a random grid? Stitch in the ditch, free motion stipple, free motion dog bones?  HELP me PLEASE!




6 comments:

  1. I can't tell you exactly why, but I think free motion stippling would do best on this quilt. I really think someone will love getting this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Norma, I am getting that same feeling, that or just straight lines varying between 2-5 inches apart. I SO much appreciate your help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe stippling in the orange blocks and then straight lines on the rest?

    Beautiful quilt and I LOVE LOVE the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. StasaLynn, Thank you! I LOVE the colors too. I suppose I should have made a "girl" quilt since it is for an American Heritage Girls dinner/auction, but I fell in love with the puppies! :)

      Delete
  4. I really like it in those colours and fabrics! And it looks great made larger! You have probably quilted by now, but stippling is always great and kind of straight but kind of wonky lines works too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I ended up going with a large meander with doggie bones. I'm about 1/2 done and will post an update as soon as I'm finished. Your tutorial is simply wonderful!

      Delete