Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday, monday........

Good morning! Thought I'd go ahead and show you where I "work", more like play that is! Originally this was my husbands office, then a child's bedroom, now it's mine. Sort of...I share it with my very creative daughter.  So without further ado, here is my sewing space.





This is the view from the entry . My stash of fabric is on the top right shelf and was recently doubled by my friend Mary Lou who sent me OODLES of fabric, cotton sheets on top left, and all my little pieces are on the bottom left shelf.  The dresser was my mother's and is very special to me.  





                                                     This is where I quilt. My husband and son helped me make the table. It is a dining room table with the leaf removed and a plywood base to inset the machine. Then we used foam board to make a level surface and covered with a big vinyl tablecloth.  I got the idea from here....
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1936826011?ie=UTF8&tag=crazshorquil-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1936826011 
I watched the you tube videos first, but yes, I actually got the kindle book. The critter in the cage is my bearded dragon. He likes to sit on my shoulder while I sew.



My design wall is my best friend!  Here I can play. These lovely Christmas blocks were all sent to me by friends for my Birthday!  I have wonderful friends!  When all of my birthday blocks arrive I am going to turn them into a very special quilt! The area under the lizard cage consists of various crafting items. A lot of it is for my daughter. She paints and cuts and pastes and .................  Ask me about spray glue on my quilting surface sometime!


Here you see the entry door on the left, my chair which needs covering, my record player (I ADORE) old music and hymns), and my little built in space that houses my albums and rotary cutters.  This chair is frequently occupied by my husband or one of the children.

            
                         

Now... this is what happens when I try to work. I was working on this quilt I designed.  I'm working on a pattern and tutorial for it so hopefully I will post that soon. The triangle blocks actually have 8 triangles per block. I've sold it and need to do the Embroidery and get her finished. But when I try to work,  I get invaded! My guests this morning......
 George is our indoor kitty. For the first 3 years we had him he hid under a bed, literally. The next 5 he would sometimes venture out and let you pet him, the last 3 he become the worlds most affectionate cat. Trying to sew with George nearby is next to impossible.


                         I have a baby gate in the doorway to keep the big dogs out...guess I should remember to close it! This is our faithful dog Trooper. That is not a dirty floor, but painted plywood subfloor. At some point I will put in a real floor, but for now, at least I have my own space. :)


Lily...This is what happens when you give a 16 year old a puppy...... 5 years later the puppy is mine!  


   



6 comments:

  1. How fun to see your sewing room! You've planned it out well and it's nice to have your own space. Love the animal pictures! I'm constantly tripping over my dog, Huggy Bear.... seems he likes the sewing room better than any other place in the house.... when I'm in the sewing room! Glad my donation to your stash has helped fill up the shelf!!
    Marylou

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice place to create! Love your sewing chair! ;) Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to visit you!! Looks like you have a nice comfy play room :) aren't they fun!!! I wanted that chair you have from Jo-Anns!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, I love my chair! It was a gift one or two years ago. They had them for a doorbuster sale. :)

      Delete
  4. Love this sharing thank you so much! I just revamp a small area in my room and it feels so much better. openbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete